Anaylsis gives us a way to challenge our views and experiences. I may not be able to offer great insight into many ares of life, but film has long been a passion of mine.
I am an avid film watcher and film student at Penn State University. I hope my educaiton and experience in watching many films will help lend insight to my opinions on cinema.
Most of us watch movies in a casual manner. They, like other forms of entertainment, serve as methods of amusement in our lives. Despite this common use of the medium, I still feel films are a powerful delivery system for philosophies, beliefs, and other unique world views. It is in this way that I feel films can be art.
That being said, the purpose of this blog is to look at all kinds of films and not just be a platform for prentensious views. Because films are so dear to me, I will be examining all sorts of mainstreem fair, cult pics, and even doing an analysis of a director on a monthly basis.
But that's enough about me. This blog is about movies and the power of truth they can bring at the rate of 24 frames per second.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment